Information ahead of your visit due to the Covid 19 situation
There is lots of rules now what I have to do in order to be open *LOL* and one is that I must display my routines/set up to avoid the transfer of COVID 19 t - so here you go :)
* Scheduled drop-off and pick up appointments - it's really important that you let me know if you get delayed so I can plan ahead to avoid clients meeting in the door and have time for the disinfection process.
It's no problem if you need to leave your dog a bit longer /drop off earlier due to other appointments,school runs etc - just let me know beforehand so I can plan the day.
* I offer several payment options:
Card physically present - the card machine has a flat surface making it easy to disinfect in between users. Its disinfected with a spray that kills virus for 24 hours - but to be extra careful you can use the handsanitiser after .
Remote card payment option . I can send you a textmessage with a link to a secure page for the payment once your dog is done .You just put in your card number /exp date/3 digits and you can pay in advance of pickup - This option demands that you have internet acess on your phone.
You can also pay with cash - but bring the exact amount so that we dont have to exchange change . There will be a small box on the counter for it.
* Only one person from the household is allowed into the salon. No children allowed into the salon at the moment.
* Pre screening health questions : ( this prescreening is part of the HSA/NSAI conditions for me to be allowed to be open )
Do you or any household member have any symptoms (e.g., fever, cough, headache, runny nose, sore throat) ,or are diagnosed with Covid 19 or self isolating due to contact with someone infected ?
Have you or any household member been abroad the past 14 days ?
Can you please just reply to my text reminder with a "No problems healthwise " if you can say No to all the questions asked above.
If you reply YES to any of the questions you will have to be rescheduled to a later date.
IF you wake up on the day of your appointment with any symptoms - contact me to reschedule the appointment ASAP - I will not give out to you for a late cancellation -I have a long waiting list so it's easy for me to fill the slot .
* I will check my temperature each morning and evening and will close the business if I get any symptoms (e.g., fever, cough, headache, runny nose, sore throat) or if I am aware that I have been in contact with anyone that's been diagnosed with Covid 19 .
The salon is divided into two areas - a client area that contains the holding pens and the work area .A high counter and a locked gate divide the areas. This makes it easy to keep the 2 meter social distancing.
Both areas are well ventilated to ensure a constant flow of fresh air .
No clients are allowed into the work area .
* A hand sanitation dispenser is available at the entrance door for you to use.
Drop off routine :
Clients drop off their dog in a disinfected holding pen in the waiting area. . Once the dog is in the pen the owner brings the lead/collar/harness with them home.
Once the client has left I will disinfect the surfaces touched by the client.
I will then bring the dog into the grooming area where it will be washed to prevent any viruses that might be on the coat to spread in the room.
The latest scientific advice regarding dogs and Covid 19 says that they are not deemed to play any role in the spreading of the disease .The coat on the dog can however act as a fomite - like any surface you come in direct contact with. To make sure I am not contributing to any transfer of Covid19 I have the following sanitation protocol is set up :
* I clean and disinfect all areas and equipment used for housing and grooming between each appointment . A clean towel and cage bedding is used for each dog and used towels/blankets are washed at the end of the day .
*I use a plastic apron that is wiped with disinfectants in between each dog and I wash my hands in between each dog and after handling anything that might have been contaminated by a customer. I am wearing a short sleeve tunica to be able to wash my lower arms as well.
I will be using a facemask all the time . Work clothes are washed each day .
* Once the dog is groomed it is put back into the holding area and I disinfect the door handle. The owner picks up the dog and puts on their collar/lead/harness. Once the owner has left the salon, door handles and any other surface they might have touched is disinfected including the holding pen.
* Dogs from different households are never mixed with each other.
* The whole salon has a set up that minimises clutter and makes it easy to clean all surfaces.
Towels and tools are stored in cabinets to avoid contamination from hairs that fly around. All surfaces in the salon get cleaned and disinfected each day - any surface where the dog has been gets cleaned and disinfected in between each dog ( bath/table/holding pen ) The salon is sprayed daily with a solution that kills viruses/bacterias/fungus for 24 hours.
* New appointments will be scheduled upon pickup -if possible I try to book several appointments ahead to speed up the checkout process. No appointment card will be given - I will instead send a text with a confirmation of the date/time and a reminder text will be sent out a couple of days before the next appointment.
* A new price list is done up due to Wexford county councils' increase of my commercial rates with over 300% for this year (!). That in combination with raised costs for products ,insurance and now the increased costs for the HSA/NSAI protocols that I must follow to be allowed to be open , forces me to increase the prices with 5 euro for each dog. ( those of you that already had a increase in the beginning of March will only have 2 euro added )
Dont feel stressed when dropping off / picking up the dog - we can still have our usual chats as long as we keep the distance :)
LOOKING FORWARD TO SEE YOU ALL AGAIN !!
if you have any questions regarding the visit- send me a text or call me and we have a chat about it